Thursday, April 22, 2010

21 April 2010

Geek Desk: $799

While dorking around reading the New York Times online before they ruin everything and start charging me to look at their website, I read an article about how sitting on one's ass all day long whilst working greatens the possibility that one's ass shall grow large. And also make one unhealthy. I am very excited that scientists are devoting their time to confirm my personal ass' findings, that indeed, as I've sat, planning classes, making grade-tracking spreadsheets, designing class materials, cute certificates of completion and doing other sit-down administrative activities,  that my ass has grown larger. 

So then, imagine my ass' glee when a week later, the very same New York Times features an article about a new generation of desks that you can raise or lower as the day goes on. Start standing, keep your booty svelte, and flick a switch to lower it later when you'd like to sit. I'm  really, non-facetiously, excited about this idea. Granted, I would never in a billion years drop eight hundred dollars on a desk, but I'm pretty sure that I could put those electronics and fabricating for motion classes I took back in the day, and and make one my damn self. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment