Wednesday, March 17, 2010

17 March 2010

Adjustable Handlebar Mustache Ring: $8

In honor of the renewal of spring and Saint Patrick's Day and whatever other cause you'd like to throw in there, I'm coming clean and revising my concept. Because really now, projects born from New Year's resolutions are about productivity and creation and self-improvement, and not so much about feeling like a gigantic failure for being two and a half weeks behind in the drawing department. Because, I've got to admit, things happen. Visitors come to town, long weekends are spent at the beach, English schools need tending to. And I would like to stop beating myself up for periodically having a life, and just enjoy my moments as they come. Also, it feels a little off-kilter with the intent of the project to be racking my brain and searching the interwebs for something I could want, and then come to terms with wanting it in my post-consumerist way. What the hell am I saying? I'm still drawing shit I want that I'm not buying, just maybe not every single day. Tah dah! 

Oh, and get a load of that ring, huh? If you can't grow an ironic handlebar mustache of your own, now your ring finger can. What can't humanity do?

1 comment:

  1. Please don't stop! I love reading whats on your mind and love your art! You have a wonderful way of expression.

    ReplyDelete