Tuesday, February 2, 2010

30 January 2010

 3-D Movie Viewing Experience: $5

The vast majority of movies here are shown in the theater in English, with Spanish subtitles, with two main exceptions: cartoons and gigantic blockbusters. The idea being that we shouldn't be holding the children or the unwashed masses to read for 2 hours. Which I get. Even then, with the blockbusters, you can usually find a special showing in English, just not on the most gigantic screen in the theater. So everybody wins, right? Here's the quandary: movies that have 3D showings. Can you even work subtitles in 3D? Or would that just freak everybody's shit out too much? I think the folks in the anti-dubbed-movies camp might just be hosed. And I'll remain the last person in the universe who hasn't seen Avatar. I think I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment