Saturday, February 27, 2010

15 February 2010

 
Red Bean Mochi: $7

One of the things I really, really miss about my apartment in Logan Square was that is was a short bike ride up Kimball to the magical Asian food mart, Chicago Foods.  I got turned on to lots of foods that I have no idea what they're called, due to the fact that like 80% of the signage was in a language that wasn't English. They had the cheapest tofu in town, the best heat n' eat udon soup mixes, and a whole freezer case full of dumplings and potstickers, and these magical treats, mochi. They're rice dough wrapped around sweet red bean paste, and although I'd best describe their texture as maybe what biting into a zombie might feel like, they're fantastically delicious. And I can't seem to find anything remotely like them in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment