Monday, January 11, 2010

10 January 2010



LILLHOLMEN Accessories stand: $19.99

When I was traveling around Europe, I had a great self-imposed souvenir rule to keep myself from buying a bunch of exciting foreign crap, thereby filling up my already ginormous backpack and using up my limited shoestring travel funds. That rule: only buy floaty pens and postcards. Compact, cheap, it worked like a charm.

Living in Mexico, I have a less formalized rule (as our walls and bookcases filled with handicrafts can attest), but it turns out that jewelry is the thing I usually can't talk myself out of buying. "Look! It's so small! I'll actually use it! Sparkly!" And my jewelry box/dish/other box overfloweth. Still, at my most recent visit to IKEA, I couldn't convince myself to dish out twenty dollars for this lovely stainless steel jewelry dish. I still covet it.

And as an artistic side note: shiny metal dishes + crosshatching = ahhh! Still trying to figure out how to show various shades of gray using only black markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment