Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 January 2010



New MacBook: $1199

I bought my first computer at the Mac store in Chicago, when I took my big shiny white box (and free scanner/printer!), and jumped into a cab back to my one-bedroom in Logan Square, not trusting my fellow Chicagoans to leave me and my purchase intact on the bus and subway ride home. That was back in 2005, and my little old G4 is still chugging gloriously along. I have stuffed it full of all of the hard drive and RAM that it can hold, and now I'm continuing blindly on with it, fingers crossed and hoping to hell not to hear its death rattle. It the great scheme of things, $1500 for 5 years of computing isn't such a bad deal, but it's also what a house in Detroit is running these days. I'm gunning for the house first.

No comments:

Post a Comment