Monday, January 18, 2010

18 January 2010



Donation to Doctors Without Borders


It's strange to me that one of the more poignant feelings of wanting came to me not while salivating over the thought of a tasty beer, or imagining myself in a cozy new sweater, but while listening to a podcast about relief workers pulling the wounded out of collapsed buildings in Port-au-Prince. I want to go and help, to be of use, but short of that, I want to whip out my checkbook and send one of the dozen worthy causes a big chunk of money to help somebody out. And I just don't have it. So instead I'm spending time with the idea, thinking how to raise some money here at the English school, and sending all the good and hopeful thoughts I can in Haiti's direction. And appreciating the life I've still got.

No comments:

Post a Comment