Monday, January 4, 2010

4 January 2010



Genmaicha Tea: $3.29

Everman (aka Greatest Roommate Ever) first introduced me to this toasted-brown-rice-with-green-tea tea, serving it all right and proper by letting it steep in its own wee tea pot before pouring me a wee nutty cup. Everything is wee at Everman's house. I hadn't had any for a while (Mexico is not known for its stellar tea assortment), until I spotted a bag while purchasing sushi-making provisions with my mom in Detroit last summer. I asked her to spot me for it, and let me tell you, people, nothing makes a mother more nervous for the financial well-being of her grown-ass 30 year old daughter than having her ask to be spotted for a three dollar bag of green tea. No, I assured her, post-intervention, I just didn't have cash, I didn't want to put a mere three dollars on my debit card, I can buy like two bags of tea for every hour of classes I give, depending on how the peso is doing, really, working like hell to start your own business and earning small amounts of a poorly-valued foreign currency is super-cool, now PLEASE JUST BUY ME SOME SOOTHING GENMAICHA TEA AND STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE SUCH A FUCK-UP.

And now that bag is almost empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment